What Type of Personal Information Does Starlit Citadel Gather?
The information we gather from our customers helps us personalize and continually improve the site. We gather a variety of information which is listed below:
Does Starlit Citadel Sell Or Share The Information It Gathers?
- Information You Give Us: You provide this information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or otherwise input any information on our site. As a result of these actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; credit card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, shipping your orders, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Starlit Citadel if your computer supports such capabilities. If you don't want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your e-mail preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources such as third party shippers and credit bureaus when processing your credit card.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not share this with unnecessary parties. Some of the instances where your information might be shared include:
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We do sometimes employ other companies and individual to help service you better. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Starlit Citadel and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Starlit Citadel, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Unless noted above, you'll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you'll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What About Links to Other Web sites?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We will only provide the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, when processing your order, the entire credit card number is provided to the credit card company but will be done in a secure, encrypted method.
Starlit Citadel may include links to other sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these third-party Web sites.
Which Information Can I Access?
Starlit Citadel gives access to a broad range of information gathered about you and the interactions on the site. Examples of information you can currently access easily at Starlit Citadel include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences and address book), payment settings (including credit card information, gift certificate, gift card, and check balances), e-mail notification settings, Wish Lists, and recommendations. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Starlit Citadel features as Customer Reviews and Wish Lists.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section, above. When you update information, we might keep a copy of the prior version for our records and for compliance related issues.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop your browser from accepting new cookies and deleting old cookies.
- If you have any concern about privacy at Starlit Citadel, please contact us, and we'll try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.