Shipping, Return and Order Policies
Free Shipping Policy
US Shipping Policy
Local Pickup Policy
Sale Pricing Policy
- Domestic orders typically ship within 24 business hours of full payment. Processing may take up to two (2) business days before shipping and potentially more during periods of high volume (e.g. Christmas).
- Please note that we are based in Vancouver, BC, Canada and follow Canadian public holidays that may differ from US holidays. In such instances, your order may be delayed by an additional business day.
- While we try to ensure that our online inventory is correct and only in-stock items are listed as such, there are occasions when some merchandise may be oversold. You will be notified if an item is unavailable for shipment.
- For orders with backordered / preordered products, the entire order will be held till all products are in stock and available to be shipped together. Customers may request shipping of in-stock items earlier via e-mail, but may have to pay additional shipping for pre-order items when they arrive in-stock.
- We ship using Canada Post and have multiple shipping options including Priority Courier (next day delivery) and Expedited Parcel ( 1 to 7 business days), During the checkout process, the software will automatically provide an estimate of when the order will arrive if the order is placed if all items are in-stock. Please note that the amount provided is an estimate and actual shipping times might vary for unusually remote locations and/or extremely large orders, and that the estimate is valid for in-stock orders only. If your order contains backordered or preordered products, please contact us for an updated estimate.
- Certain types of International Shipping services (Small Packets Air/Surface and International Parcel Air) do not provide us with tracking information. For shipments of this type, we cannot provide updates on the status of your shipment and cannot confirm delivery or if a product is lost. As such, we do not provide refunds for shipments shipped using the above methods.
Free Shipping Policy
For Summer 2016, we are lowering our Free Shipping Threshold to $100!
If your order of board games is shipping within Canada and the total comes to $175.00 or more (after any coupons or discounts and before taxes and shipping costs), then the cost of shipping via Expedited Parcel will automatically be reduced to $0.00 at checkout.
- Canceling items may affect your order's eligibility for free shipping.
- Offer applies only to orders of $175 or more in merchandise, excluding taxes. The Free Shipping offer may be used in conjunction with other promotions and coupons. These will be deducted from your item subtotal before shipping cost is calculated, and may affect your order's Free Shipping eligibility.
- Free shipping offers might not apply to certain products including Magic the Gathering booster boxes, Ogre Designer Editions and more. Products that are not free shipping eligible will be indicated on the product description page.
- The Free Shipping offer is via Canada Post Expedited Parcel service only, and applies to a single parcel containing your entire order. Please see our Pre-order Policy below for details on how your shipment may be affected by preorder items.
- Offer applies to deliveries within Canada only and may be subject to other shipping restrictions depending on the items ordered.
- This offer may not be valid for deliveries to unusually remote areas, or for items of unusually large weight. In such cases, you will be contacted with a price quote before your order is shipped.
- This offer is subject to change without notice.
US Shipping Policy
- Please note that we are based in Vancouver, BC, Canada and follow Canadian public holidays that may differ from US holidays.
- In exceptional cases or delivery to rural / out of the way locations in the USA, additional shipping costs might be requested. Customers will be informed of the additional cost before shipments are completed and may opt-out of the shipment at that time.
- Lastly, orders over CAD$200 might be split into multiple shipments.
- Local Pickup orders are available for customers within Greater Vancouver. Customers will receive a shipment confirmation indicating that the order is ready for pickup at our office location:
61 West 7th Ave
Vancouver BC V5Y 1L4
Pickup hours are 12pm - 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays), and no appointment is required for customers arriving during those times. If our hours do not work for your schedule it may be possible to make alternate arrangements at the discretion of our shipping staff. Please contact us to discuss arranging a pickup outside the usual times.
- Please note that our local pickup site is meant to serve customers who have placed their orders in advance and received a confirmation. As we are not set up to handle on-site orders, any customer wishing to purchase items in person without having placed an order will be charged a $2.50 service fee.
- Local Pickups that have not been picked up within 14 days of confirmation that the order is ready for pickup are subject to a 20% cancellation fee if they are abandoned or cancelled. Orders that are not picked up within 6 months of confirmation the order is ready for pickup are considered abandoned and will be added to the store's game library.
Please note that we will only refund products that we have received and customers should insure returned products to us.
- Starlit Citadel extends a 14-day guarantee for orders from receipt of the order except as listed below. Receipt will be counted from delivery confirmation information (when available) or after sale (when no delivery information is available - normally for International Orders only).
- All Promotional Items are sold ‘as is’. This includes clerance & sale items, as well as all Used Games and Dings and Dents
- Please note that due to distributor restrictions, all Days of Wonder, Mayfair Games, Wizards of the Coast & Avalon Hill products that have minor damage (Grade A) will not be considered returnable for damage on the box.
- All returns must be authorized by us before being shipped back. This is to ensure that we expect the order and will credit your account properly. Starlit Citadel will not pay for return shipment charges unless the return is due to our error or due to defective merchandise. In the case of defective merchandise, all pieces should be returned including the defective pieces.
- In terms of defective merchandise within the product (that is, missing pieces, broken miniatures, etc.) we request customers contact the appropriate manufacturers for replacement pieces first as the manufacturers are responsible for contents within the box. Customers may contact us at the same time / cc us in on this issue so that we know of it and they fall within the above return guarantee date.
- Our return amounts are as follows (except Promotional Orders):
- 100% refund excluding the original shipping charges (see below for Free
Shipping orders) for all unopened merchandise.
- No refund for opened items. We may repurchase the items from the customer as a 'Used' product if requested.
- Free Shipping orders will be refunded minus the cost of Expedited Shipping.
- All returns must first contact our customer service department to authorise the return. Returns should arrive with your full name, address and your original order number. This can be found in the packing slip first provided. Returns should be sent to:
61 West 7th Ave
Vancouver BC V5Y 1L4
Pre-Orders and Backorders
- If an order contains a pre-ordered or backordered product (the product has a negative or "0" stock quantity at time of ordering or has a listed availability of "Awaiting Reprint" or "Preorder"), the entire order will be held to ship when all products have arrived in stock.
- When an order is placed, all currently in-stock product is taken from stock and set aside for the customer. All pre-orders require full payment at the time the pre-order is placed.
- Products that are currently in stock may be shipped immediately at the customer's request. However, additional shipping charges for the remaining, un-shipped, pre-ordered products will be required and must be paid before the games are shipped. Customers may combine these un-shipped products with a second order and save on shipping costs, if they wish.
- If a second or subsequent order that meets our free shipping threshold is made in the interim; do inform us and we will be happy to ship all in-stock products with this second order immediately.
- We will attempt to fill each and every order with all reasonable haste, but due to circumstances beyond our control, changes or cancellations may be necessary where pre-orders are concerned. In situations where a publisher releases the product in waves or partial quantities, we will always ship the oldest pre-orders first.
- If we are unable to fill an order (because an item has been delayed indefinitely, or is no longer in print), we will contact you and provide the option of modifying your order. If we have not received a response regarding an order that has in-stock items being held for it within 1 month, we will cancel the unavailable item(s) and ship the remainder of the order. If this order is now below the Free Shipping threshold, the customer will be charged for shipping.
- If a customer cancels a held order after 14 days from the date of the order, a restocking fee of 20% will be charged for all in-stock, held products that are part of the order.
- Pre-orders that are older than 14 days from the date of the order may be cancelled and will receive a refund in store credit.
- If an item you have already ordered goes on sale, you may contact us to receive it at the reduced price if your order has not yet been shipped (i.e. order status is still "Processing").
- If an item that has been shipped to you goes on sale, you may contact us to receive it at the reduced price within 14 days of order completion. For items shipped by post, this is counted from the date the item was shipped from our warehouse and a notification email was sent. For Local Pickup items, this is counted from the date your order was set aside for pickup and a notification email was sent
- Our sale pricing applies to in-stock products only. We are happy to backorder/special order products for you at our regular price.
All policies listed in this document are subject to change at Starlit Citadel's discretion.
- Any order paid for by Paypal and cancelled after 60 days will be refunded as store credit only.
All orders paid for by Bitcoin will be refunded via store credit only.
- Orders canceled after processing and packaging (and shipping, if applicable) have been completed will be subject to a restocking fee of 20% of item value.
- Starlit Citadel reserves the right to cancel any order at our discretion. Customers will be refunded any applicable payment if an order is cancelled.